Ok. It's 2:44 am and I am up helping Tonia with physics. Why? I really don't know. Maybe I'm just a nice guy. Well I decided to explain the Mobius strip since Matt didn't understand what it was or its applications. Basically a Mobius strip is any band that is twisted once so that the ends connect into a circular figure with a twist in it. I think the most fascinating aspect of the Mobius strip is its relation to the theory of the shape of our universe whether it be 3, 4, 5, etc dimensional.
Well, the basic principle is that as you travel along the strip and return to ur original location, you will be on the other side of the strip. For example, if you were to travel the length of the universe, you would be on the other side of it...??? I heard from a presentation at COSMOS that if you were to do this, everything about you would be flipped. Your heart would be on the right side of your body, your clothes would be flip-flopped, even your right and left brain would reverse. So, by my understanding, if you were good at math, now you would be good at art, and vise versa. Maybe this sounds really boring to you, but I think its really cool. Now, if you were to travel another length of the strip, then you would return to your original left-hearted self. This explains my quote and reveals my trait of lazyness. It's true that you would end up in the same spot, but the journey would have probably been worth while.
Here's another brain scratcher. So, let's say you can see all the way across the universe, which would be the case with a Mobius strip since it is a circle and everything is connected front to back to front to back. Therefore, you would be able to see yourself, but in the flipped form. ANDDD you would be able to see the you in front of that and then the flipped you in front of that one and so on and so forth.
Yea. So there's a bunch of theories on the shape of the universe such as spherical, hyperbolic, flat, or donutish. Cosmologists have theories relating electron flow and other wacky stuff to the big bang in order to track the shape of the universe as it grows. So eventually, the universe might grow to big (to hold tonia cause she's so fat jk) and implode on itself.
Ok. Thanks for letting me bore you all (matt). cya later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
haha joey, I bet there are other people reading this too.
but I know what a mobius strip is, are you referring to tonia?
I'm reading it too! haha
The thing is, no one reads mine :(
thanks for starting this trend matt!
Post a Comment